Monday, March 26, 2012

In the search for another source to use for my anaylsis paper, I came across the Emedicine health page on Stroke-Related Dementia that helps make the connections between strokes and the likeliness of developing dementia. I originally searched this site weeks ago because I was curious if it were possible that my grandmother's severe delusions could be linked to stroke-related dementia. Turns, out that it's not only possible, but 9 times more likely because of her stroke and it normally shows up within a year post-stroke.

This website made it a little clearer that because a stroke is so violent on the brain, there are a lot of negative symptoms that can arise because of the damage. This source can add on to and help give my paper more facts to support my idea's on what could have resulted from my grandma's stroke.



References:

"Stroke-Related Dementia," EMedicine Health. Web MD,  Inc: 2012.<http://www.emedicinehealth.com/stroke-related_dementia/article_em.htm>

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent source. Glad you shared it with us!

    ReplyDelete